Voter ID in ChandigarhVoter Identity Card issued by Chief Election Commission of India is, till date, the single most important document that any citizen of India needs to procure.
Voter ID in Chandigarh
Apart from enabling one to exercise their fundamental right as well as duty of casting their votes in various elections, it also doubles itself into an important identity proof which is mandatory for various purposes such as getting a PAN card, passport, opening a bank account and also getting a ration card.
Thus, the importance of Voter ID card issued by Election Commission of India is insurmountable.
Voter ID Forms in Chandigarh
Hence, if not done hitherto, everyone who is 18 years of age or above and is a citizen of India must initiate the process of obtaining election ID card at the earliest.The citizen of Chandigarh who attain the age of 18 years or above can enroll his/her name in the Electoral Roll of Chandigarh Parliamentary Constituency.
- Form No.6. - For first time inclusion of name in the Electoral Roll you have to fill this form.
- Form No.7- If you propose deletion of names of electors who are dead, shifted or otherwise ineligible from the current roll.
- Form No.8- If the entries in the existing electoral rolls relating to you need correction.
- Form No.8A- If you have shifted your residence from the place where you were previously residing within the Constituency.
Call Center/Voter Helpline No: 1800-180-1950
Documents Required for Voter ID in Chandigarh:All these forms are available with the Election Department and can also be downloaded from the website of Election Department along with the form one also needs to submit the proof of residency. Any of the documents mentioned below can work as proof of residency:
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Ration Card
- Service identity card in case of State and Central Government
- Passbook issued by bank or post office
- Property document with deed and photograph.
- Pension document
- SC/ST/OBC document issued by a competent authority
- Freedom fighter identity card
- Student identity card issued by competent authority
- Railway identification card
- Arm’s License
- Certificate of Physical Handicap by Competent authority
Other Details about Voter ID in ChandigarhFor applicants other than the first timers, a copy of the existing Election ID card is also mandatory. The form along with the photocopy of required documents need to be submitted to the Election Commission Office located in Town Hall Building, Sector 17.
Thus, get your voter Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India made immediately. The process of making of voter ID might be time consuming and may take days on end, so its advisable to follow the directions carefully and carry proper documents along with you in order to avoid any hassle.
Also, in case you have shifted your residence from one constituency to another, then you need to delete your name from the electoral list of your earlier constituency and re enroll yourself in the electoral list of the constituency you now reside in. In case of death of any family member, inform the Election Commission Office about it so that their name can be deleted from the list.
This is done in order to avoid the misuse of the vote and to ensure free and fair electoral process.Hence. get your voter ID made and proudly participate in the globally hailed democratic process of our country and become responsible citizens of the country.