PAN Card in ChandigarhTax Information Network (TIN) by Income Tax Department is an updated system for collection, process, monitor, as well as maintain accounting of direct taxes using IT enabled services. Under the gamut of its operations, issuance of PAN Card is an important facility which is provided through PAN centers situated all around the country.
This facility can also be availed with internet directly through its website. PAN card or Permanent Account Number is compulsory for every citizen of India to file income tax return. This is a 10 digit alphanumeric number issued by IT (Income Tax) Department. It is unique for every person.
Application Procedure for Pan Card in Chandigarh:The procedure to apply for PAN card in Chandigarh is same as it is in the entire country. The Income Tax department has specified online as well as offline method to apply for PAN Card.
Before understanding them in detail, you should exactly know about the types of application forms that can be filed and other preliminary details for obtaining PAN card.
Types of Application forms for Pan Card in Chandigarh:
Application form to apply for new PAN card:While making application for a new PAN card or in cases where application was filed earlier but PAN card was not allotted to you, firstly you should visit the website www.incometaxindia.gov.in and confirm whether a PAN card was allotted by the department or not in your name. If not allotted, you should make an application on:
- Form 49A if you are a citizen of India
- Form 49AA if you are a foreign citizen.
Application for renewal or reissue of PAN card:If you already have your PAN card and wish to change the same and if there are modifications to be made in your existing PAN card, again you have to file the application in the prescribed form as applicable to allotment of new card. Here, you can also personally approach the PAN cell of Chandigarh and deposit an affidavit stating the reason of new PAN card application.
Documents for applying for PAN Card in Chandigarh:As specified under Rule 114 of Income Tax Department, there are certain documents that you must attach with your application for PAN card. These documents are:
- Identity Proof
Name on which, should match the name provided by you in application form. It can be Passport, Voter card, Driving license, High School certificate, Depository Account, Bank Account, Ration card, water bill, property tax assessment order or Identity certificate duly signed by a MP/MLA/MC/ Gazetted Officer.
- Address Proof
It should also match the address furnished by you on application form. The same documents as required for identity proof can be submitted for address proof. Telephone bill, rent receipt, and employer’s certificate can also be submitted apart from these documents.
- A Recent passport size photograph.
Fees Payable to apply for PAN card in Chandigarh:To apply for PAN card, you are supposed to deposit transaction fee which should accompany your PAN application. The charges for applying for PAN is Rs. 93 (Excluding Goods and Services tax) for Indian communication address and Rs. 864 (Excluding Goods and Services tax) for foreign communication address.
How to apply for PAN card:
- You can apply for PAN card either online or through physical application form which must be submitted at the UTIITSL address in Chandigarh mentioned above. Online application must be filed on website https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/
- Before filing application, it must be duly completed in all respects. Pay complete attention to fill required mandatory fields like PIN code, full name, and address. Also attach all necessary documents with your application.
- While filing online application, on submitting the form, an acknowledgement with your name will be generated.
- This acknowledgement duly filled and attached with documents, affixed with a recent photograph and demand draft, if any, must be sent to the designated address through courier or speed post.
- Within 15 days from receipt of this application, your PAN card will be dispatched by Chandigarh UTIITSL office.
Your PAN Card Status in Chandigarh:Using your unique computer generated 15 digits Acknowledgement Number you can keep a track of your PAN application. This facility can be availed by you three days hence submission of the form.
You can also obtain information for your PAN card status by calling TIN call center or by sending an SMS to this call center.
Call Center Number: 020- 27218080
SMS details: NSDLPAN< acknowledgement number>< 57575>
PAN Card Office in Chandigarh:
Address:UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited, SCO-70, 1st Floor, Sector-20-C,
Chandigarh - 160022
Phone No.: 0172- 2722370
Email ID: email@example.com
Toll free number of UTIITSL: 1800220306