Historical Background of Chandigarh Police:
Services Performed by Chandigarh Police
- Crime Prevention & Registration- Chandigarh police aims to maintain a safe and secure environment. For this purpose, 40 motorcycles, 60 gypsies, and 3 ambulances are deployed round the clock in the city. Apart from this, patrolling parties from numerous police stations and posts have been set up. 18 Police Posts and the Special Crime Unit, and 11 Police stations have been created to prevent and investigate various crimes in Chandigarh.
- Complaint Registration- The Chandigarh Police gives its citizens full provisions to lodge a factually truthful complaint. One can call the Chandigarh Police Control Room No. 100 or 0172-2744100/0172-2749194 or the concerned area Police station/post. In case of dissatisfaction with their response, one may complain to the IGP/Chandigarh, SSP/Chandigarh, DIG/Chandigarh or the concerned sub-division police officer.
- FIR copy Download- One can download the First Information Report (FIR) copy from the Chandigarh Police website.
- Traffic Police Related Services- For all traffic related complaint, problem or emergencies; one may contact the Chandigarh Police round the clock helpline number 1073. One can get more information from their facebook page, www.facebook.com/trafficpolicechd
- Stolen/Recovered Vehicle Status- Get to know the status of your stolen vehicle, i.e. whether it has been recovered by the police or not by clicking on the given link: http://chandigarhpolice.gov.in/reg-new.aspx.
- Know your Case” Scheme- This initiative has been taken to lend greater transparency and accountability in the functioning of Chandigarh police. According to this scheme, the complainant has the right to know the status of investigations of his/her case or petition.
- Passport Application Status- Police verification is mandatory for all citizens wishing to make a passport. Chandigarh police ensures that you can check the status of your passport related police verification by entering your passport application number into the following: http://admser.chd.nic.in/policeonline/passport.asp
- Public Window Complaint Status- Citizens having complaint about the Chandigarh police functioning can submit a written complaint at the public window situated on the ground floor entrance of Sector 9D, Chandigarh Police Headquarters.
- Servant/PG/Tenant Verification- Under this act, the Chandigarh verifies all helpers/servants/tenants/paying guests to ensure safety in the neighborhood. This verification is mandatory and non-registration of the aforementioned people is a punishable offence for which a FIR can be registered against the employer or landlord.
- Foreigner’s Registration & Rules- All foreigners staying in Chandigarh can apply for registration, return visa, visa extension, exit permit to the FRO Chandigarh on the website, http://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/. They must bring a hard copy of their Online Application Form and other documents according to their visa category, to FRO Chandigarh on the appointment date.
- Mobile Police Stations Scheme- To provide quality policing, the Chandigarh police sends two mobile police stations to areas mostly inhabited by the underprivileged and poor so that they can receive proper police assistance instantly.
- Late Night Dropping for Ladies- If a woman cannot avail a cab, auto, taxi etc. late at night to reach her place safely; she can seek help by calling the PCR at No. 100 or 0172-2749194 or 0172-2744100. A vehicle will then be sent to drop her at her place within Chandigarh.
- Late Night Towing Services- The Chandigarh police ensures that any vehicle disabled late at night will be towed to the nearest safe place. For this, you can call the Chandigarh Police Control Room No. 100 or 0172-2749194 or 0172-2744100.
List of Police Stations / Posts in Chandigarh
- Police Station - Sector 17
- Police Station - Sector 11
- Police Station - Sector 3
- Police Station - Sector 26
- Police Station - Sector 19
- Police Station - Manimajra
- Police Station - Ind Area
- Police Station - Sector 31
- Police Station - Sector 34
- Police Station - Sector 36
- Police Station - Sector 39
- Police Post - Sector 22
- Police Post - PGI
- Police Post - Dhanas
- Police Post - Railway Station
- Police Post - Maloya
- Police Post - Palsora
Helpline Numbers of Chandigarh Police
Dial - 100 or 0172-2749194 or 0172-2744
1091 or 0172-2741174
Senior Citizens Helpline No.
For Cyber Crime Complaint
E-mail: - email@example.com
Dial - 09465121000 (from 12:00 AM to 05:00 AM daily)
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0